Fix stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/10 and keyboard not responding: Everyone knows that one should “Shut Down” the computer properly rather than just turning off the mains. But no one knows what problems could occur if one doesn’t shut down computer properly. One of the most common problems that you can face is stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista. It happens when system unexpectedly turned off in hibernating mode and when it reboots a black screen of Windows Resume Loader appears.
Handling such type of problems in Windows is not always easy and people often ends up either corrupting their windows or losing their important data. Many people mailed me to write some possible solutions on how to fix stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista? Just go through some emails that I received below and if you are one of them, this is the right place for you.
My screen is stuck on the Windows resume loader, and the keyboard is not working. What should I do? PS: Using Windows 8
Stuck at Windows resume loader in Windows 7. Can’t use keyboard and mouse
Help !! My computer is stuck at window resume loader page. I am Windows 7 user and keyboard as well mouse not responding
Well, this article would help you to know what exactly this problem is and also how to fix it. Below I have explained best solutions to fix stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista. Just go through it and I am sure that it will help you out.
What is Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista?
Sometimes the computer shuts down unexpectedly may be due to sudden power cut. And when it reboots, then the system tries to resume its previous position, that is before sudden shut down. This is done by the Windows Resume Loader. But when the device is suddenly shut down in hibernation mode then on reboot, Windows Resume Loader tries to resume it from the hibernation mode and then it tries to load a hibernation file (hiberfil.sys). Usually, the process is very smooth and user doesn’t even get to know about it but sometimes the hibernation file might be corrupted. And hence the computer is unable to resume itself from hibernation mode. This is what stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista and it appears as black screen to the user which reads as.
The last attempt to resume the system from its previous location failed. Attempt to resume again?
(Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice.)
- Continue with system resume
- Delete restoration data and proceed to system reboot menu
In such case when you get stuck at Windows Resume Loader page keyboard and mouse does not respond which makes it even worse.
How to fix stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista.
Here are some possible solutions that you can follow when got stuck at Windows Resume Loader page and keyboard not responding. Follow any of these until you get your error fixed.
Method 1 to fix stuck at Windows Resume Loader page keyboard not responding:
Well, if your keyboard is working properly then there is no problem for you. Simply select the option of your choice and Windows will restore successfully. But before doing that you must know what selecting any of these options would result to.
- Continue With System Resume: Well this option would directly let your computer to again try to load the hibernation file and take your system back to the pre-shut down condition. But if the file is already corrupted then the computer would not be able to do that and you would be redirected to this screen.
- Delete Restoration Data and proceed to System Reboot Menu: If the first option didn’t work for you then you will have to select this option. But keep in mind that all your unsaved data and process would then be gone. So if you don’t have to worry about your unsaved data and processes then go ahead and select this option.
What If The Keyboard Is Not Working? Well, in many cases this also happens. The user is not able to select any of the options because the keyboard and mouse are not working. Well in such case follow these methods.
Method 2 to fix stuck at Windows Resume Loader:
Well, it has worked for many people. Simply connect a PS/2 Keyboard to your computer’s CPU and it would be working properly. Now you are free to choose any of the options. Select any of them and Windows will restore again.
Method 3 to resolve when stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista
Check or Change BIOS Settings
Well if the above method didn’t work for you or you don’t have a PS/2 keyboard then you may follow this method. This method works in most of the cases. Even I was able to fix this problem with this method.
- Restart your computer
- Press and hold Del key and simultaneously click any of the F1, F2, F5, F8 or F12 key, whichever is assigned for BIOS settings purpose by manufacturer.
- In BIOS go to integrated peripherals
- Scroll down to USB Keyboard and Mouse and select option Enable.
- Save the changes and exit BIOS.
That’s all. The keyboard is now working and you may choose one of the options on Windows Resume Loader screen.
Method 4 to resolve stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista:
There are 3 things you can do in advanced boot options which are:
- Safe Mode: 1st you must try to run your computer in safe mode and check whether it could help you. To run your computer in safe mode just restarts your computer and press F8 continuously until Advanced Boot Options Menu comes up. Then just select Safe Mode from the options.
- Startup Repair: Startup repair is a recovery tool in Windows which could fix certain problems such as corrupted or missing files in computer. These files might be preventing computer from stating properly. For Startup Repair, go to Advanced Boot Options just as before and select Repair Your Computer. Then you may select Startup Repair option.
- Last Known Good Configuration (advanced): By this option your computer would be taken to the time when it was working properly. For this, again go to Advanced Boot Options and select Last Known Good Configuration (advanced).
Method 5 to fix stuck at Windows Resume Loader page and keyboard not responding
Well, if all the above methods didn’t work for you then you don’t worry we still have one method left. But it requires working with your computer’s CMOS.
- Remove Battery: First open the CPU cabinet and remove the CMOS battery for about some time. Put it back and restart your computer. Reset your date, floppy drive settings in BIOS and start the operational system. This should fix if stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista.
- Reset CMOS: If removing the battery didn’t help for you then try to reset CMOS. Unplug all the power connections from motherboard of your computer and hit CMOS reset button on motherboard. After this, you might have to configure your CMOS again but it would help in almost every case.
That’s all from my side on how to fix stuck at Windows Resume Loader in Windows 7/8/Vista. If you have any query regarding Windows Resume Loader problem then you may contact us by commenting below. If you liked the article then feel free to share it. You can also subscribe for more interesting articles.